Lipnice castle

One of the largest Czech aristocratic castles invites you to a free tour with unique views into the surrounding region.

Ledeč upon Sázava Castle 

The museum exhibits are focussed on the collection objects of regional character and history of the castle and its owners.

Želiv convent and monastery brewery

The monastery was founded together with the monastic church of the Nativity of the Virgin Mary in the first half of the 12thcentury on a high promontory surrounded on two sides of rivers Želivka and Trnava. Originally, there lived man Benedictine Order which however was soon ousted and replaced Premonstratensian. In 1559 had built in the area Trčkové then owners of the estate Gothic-Renaissance castle called Trčka's. Under the administration of the monastery Premonstratensians came back to the late 16th century. In the 17th century Baroque adaptations were monastery G. A. Maggi (completed in 1688). After a fire in 1712 the buildings were restored G. Santini, who also carried out the repair of the church in the Baroque-Gothic style. In the early 20th century the monastery lived to see another Renaissance adjustments.

For visitors it is accessible adventure brewery which not only offers a wide range of beers and lagers both classic and specials, as well as top-fermented ales American Ale or Abby Ale but also an interesting tour of the brewery operation, and weekend customer brewing.

Steelworks Jakub in Tasice

In Tasice was one of the first glassworks in Posázaví. Over the years there have been many glass makers and owners of the smelter. The production was mainly quality glass grinding for further processing. The glass is exported around the world. Glassworks is an example of an old Czech glassworks. It worths to see mainly metallurgical hall with wooden ceiling from 1821 and the mansion of the late 18th century.Today it produces the desired number of interesting subjects to foreign markets. In 1984 there Czechoslovak Television filmed a large part of the exterior and interior of the series about glassmaker Jakub.

Station of protection of fauna in Pavlov

The rescue station Pavlov is located between Ledeč and Světlá. It currently offers training programs designed for school and preschool children. These are programs with ecological and environmental themes in which children have the opportunity to meet with many of our native species.

Ruins of Castle Orlik

The castle founded in the last third of the 14th century is a representative called. Block layout with its extremely small size meant that the tower had lost its residential function and became the keep - a tower of refuge. In emergencies providing the inhabitants of the castle's last refuge if peace does not serve for residential purposes. This mission was not even equipped. Today the tower is designed as a lookout.

Michal's farmhouse in Pohleď

Skansen approaching life, work habits and middle peasant in the period from the end of the 30-year war until the abolition of serfdom in 1848. Residential buildings, stables, granary, two sheds and a well.

Stvořidla

Nature Reserve between Světlá and Ledeč nad Sázavou, where the river flows through a deep valley creates numerous rapids and waterfalls, washes, wraps and skips over hundreds and hundreds of granite boulders of all shapes and sizes that are scattered not only in the riverbed but equally upon the surrounding hillsides.

Melechov

Melechov a wooded hill (715 m). At the top stands surveying tower (closed to the public), once served as a lookout. Under the peak of the spring at the western foot of the remains of the fortress from the 14th century. On the southern slope natural monument Devil's stone, granite rock with rock plates.


"Hlava XXII"

The monumental work of "Hlava XXII" named after Czech translation of the title of a novel by Joseph Heller's "Catch - 22" .This is the granite head of Jaroslav Hasek, 265 cm high, weighing about 18 tons, which is lying in open countryside at the junction between Lower Town and smooth. The head is made up of eight segments recognized gap of 3 cm in order to promote association with children's building. Segment diagonally left eye and captured the crown segment are laid on the ground. This has created ten flat surfaces for a quote Svejk in 10 languages (Czech, German, Hungarian, Polish, Russian, English, Chinese, Hebrew, Arabic, Esperanto): "Human life, I dutifully report, Lieutenant, sir, is so complicated that human life itself is a rag. "


Memorial cancel bots

The granite monument from 1898 commemorating the 50th anniversary of the abolition of serf obligations - robots. According to the inscription on the memorial pylon was built by Jan Teikal. The site of the memorial is far-sightedness towards the ruins of the castle Lipnice nad Sazavou.

Jaroslav Hašek Memorial

Exposition dedicated to Czech writer publicist and journalist borrowed from the collections of the Regional Museum in Havlíčkův Brod is located in a house near the castle in which Jaroslav Hasek spent the last years of his life and wrote his most famous work. It documents his life and his international significance.


Vilémovice red yew

The garden grows an old yew. According trunk circumference 310 cm, his age is estimated at 1500 to 2000 years. Yew tree is dioecious and this unique tree is female. The tree is poisonous because of its bark, wood and seeds are imbued called alkaloid toxin. This is a strictly protected yew, which is perhaps the oldest tree in Central Europe. Yew in Vilémovice is one of the most memorable yew trees growing in the Czech Republic. It is also probably one of the oldest and probably in Europe even though according to expert opinion does not reach old age which is attributed to it because yews are often a confluence of several strains of a lower age.


Zizkov spring

Nearby Malčín former glassworks near Dobra Voda there are now two monuments associated with the name of the Hussite leader Jan Zizka - beech and spring.
With a spring with a legend that it was for Zizek at one of his campaign stop, refresh and call the local water well. That was the name of the village, which is located about half a kilometer south of the spring.
Today, nearly forgotten spring in the 19th century became a place of pilgrimage, where they headed people who wanted to honor the Hussite leader. In 1868 then he was near a well placed Zizkov bust, which was built by the owner of the glassworks Welz. That interest patriots of the place was magnified, even here in 1868 held one of the gatherings of people.
Immediately after the second world war were held to a spring national pilgrimages. The last was in 1950 - also were local events supported too, perhaps was the pilgrimage in 1951 banned and others have already been held.
Today is a fountain rather forgotten place in the heart dobrovodských forests. Leads past the yellow sign, joining a glance with Malčín and Skuhrov. Together with Zizka Beech and Michal's farm in sight but definitely a place worth visiting.


Rock

On the way from Svetla nad Sazavou towards Lower Birkenau, either on foot or by local train, you will see a relatively high rock. It has no name, it is called simply rock, and it is a beautiful, albeit somewhat limited by vegetation view of the city.


Devil's Stone at Melechov

Isolated rocky outcrop type granites tor high 5 meters long, 7 meters wide 5.5 meters is composed of biotite-granite type muskovitickým Melechov. On the top platform are two outstanding shaped rock basins. Protected since 1986.


National Monument of eavesdropping

  

Sculptor Radomir Dvorak finished in September 2007 three granite reliefs, which represents an exaggerated ways of monitoring human activities and privacy. All three reliefs carved into the rocks in the natural area quarries near Lipnice nad Sazavou. Three-meter Bretschneider's ear is called by the secret police of Hasek's novel about the good soldier Schweik and authors him with the recession continued the medieval listening devices called. Dionysus ear. Mouth of Truth is loosely inspired by the relief of the Bocca della Verita in the vestibule of the church of Santa Maria in Cosmedin in Rome. In the hole here apparently suspected of stealing they had to tuck his hand - if they cut off her cat, were convicted. Over five meters wide sculpture Golden Eyes - Golden Eyes is carved just above the water surface and is inspired by the traditional symbol of God's eye. Open your eyes to the bridge of the nose are located in the window framed hint of a triangle and unattainable idea of omniscience. Establishment of the National Memorial interception initiated in 2005 by the artist himself with his - sculptor students who participated in the implementation of the first two reliefs. Patron of the project is the grandson of Jaroslav Hasek Richard, who was in Lipnice able to restore the famed pub "U České koruny".

Devil's Stone in Smrčná

Devil's stone is a massive rock block representing a natural monument. Bike or on foot to get to him the red trail leading to the north of the village Rejčkov. Climb above the village, on the left we will pass a chat and we reach the end of the meadow lying on the right side of the road. On the edge of the forest turns right jv. towards a forest road along which we continue for about 400 meters. Devil's stone is the right of way. It is an isolated block of rock with a height of about 5 m. In its present form was modeled on the long-term erosion and weathering. Narrow rift is divided into two parts.


Trail Region painters poet Jan Zrzavý

Twenty-two-kilometer-long trail was gratitude and homage to the great native and as a gift to all who can bring at least a small enrichment of their lives. The trail begins in Okrouhlice, Vadin will lead you through, Krasna Hora, Lipnice, Babice and Olešnici back in Okrouhlice.

Panuškův oak

The tree forms a significant landscape dominant and had been a frequent subject of paintings of the artist Jaroslav Panuška that the nearby "cabin" as his house said he lived since 1923. He died in 1958 and is buried in Svetla nad Sazavou.


The cemetery of the Napoleonic Wars


War cemetery in the local area Svetla nad Sazavou Lower Birkenau is a cultural monument at the site where they were buried soldiers who died in the hospital Světlá. Here they are treated injuries from the Franco-Austrian War in the years 1809-1814. On site is a granite obelisk from 1841, which was built by the owner of the estate of Jan Salm-Reifferscheid. In the 90s of the 20th century, it has edited a place, and in 1995 declared a cultural monument. Resting allegedly 1200 French, Russian and Prussian soldiers who fell during the period 1809-1814 in the Napoleonic era.


Great and Small Olšina

Rich population of spring snowflake preserved communities in the springs and the brook alder stands in an otherwise monotonous cultural spruce forest on the border districts of Brod and Kutna Hora about 3 km from the village of Lestina near Světlá.

NH Glass

NH Glass Company Ltd. It specializes in glass industry, dealing with traditional handmade lead crystal.

Up